This position is based out of the Sudbury, Ontario office. We will assist if having to relocate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sells, rents and leases new and used heavy equipment and “all-makes” equipment, parts and service
- Quotes and negotiates prices and credit terms, prepares contracts and records and closes orders
- Grow and develop customer relationships and loyalty to increase market share
- Manages and controls sales-related expenses
- Meets or exceeds Company targets for units, dollars and gross profit
- Manages designated territories and customers to maximize our presence
- Manages market awareness and provides lost sales reports
- Work with customers and potential customers to provide solutions to their equipment needs
- Provides on-site expertise for demonstrations, machine inspections and technical support
- Sells parts or services to enhance the after-sale value of our product and ensures return business
- Sells allied support services such as PM’s, undercarriage repair and replacement, and on-site repairs
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date call logs and prospect lists!
- Provides status report to shareholders as to the achievement of goals and objectives
- Attends training and sales meetings as required to stay current with new equipment and special deals
- Provides feedback to other departments
- Provides trade-in information when requested
- Makes frequent opportunity calls and generates new customers
Education, Skill, and/or Experience Requirements:
College / University degree preferred. Heavy equipment sales experience may be substituted or combined with education.
Organization and communication skills must be highly developed. Computer skills need to be broad-based.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, statistics, and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
B McDowell Equipment Ltd is Construction Equipment Dealer established in 1968 and has seen exceptional growth. McDowell specializes in new and used equipment rentals, sales, and product support. Backed by a significant investment in inventory, parts advisors and factory trained technicians.
Interested parties should send in strict confidence to resume to email@example.com
Please visit www.bmcdowell.com for more information.